“It’s a matter of economics” says the bar manager in the film The Fabulous Baker Boys when they get paid off and realize two piano players are no longer enough and they need to find a singer.
For Biotech Strategy Blog it’s unsustainable to continue to provide insights, expert commentary and conference coverage for free.
In conjunction with partner, Tinypass, the blog will from September 18, 2013 require payment of a fee to access “Premium Content” which is primarily our coverage of conferences. All posts from 2010 and 2011 will, however, remain free and open access.
In the next 3 months Premium Content will include:
- Conference coverage from the 2013 European Cancer Congress in Amsterdam, AACR Molecular Targets meeting in Boston and ASH annual meeting in New Orleans.
- Posts from Sally Church (@MaverickNY) who will be providing her acclaimed conference coverage of oncology new products; she will continue to write about cancer science on Pharma Strategy Blog.
- Excerpts from a series of interviews on the FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation.
What will access to Premium Content cost? As of November 4, 2013 the current rates are:
- $297 for 3 months unlimited access = $99 per month
- $534 for 6 months unlimited access = $89 per month
- $948 for 1 year unlimited access = $79 per month
Access to Premium Content is a personal license to the individual who signs up and is not a corporate or multi-user license. Rates may change without notice, and in the future we may offer discounts or special offers to those who subscribe to BSB email alerts. I encourage you to sign up for email alerts if you have not already done so.
Free access to premium content will be available on a case-by-case basis, so contact the blog if you think you might qualify.
Thanks in advance for your support of our conference coverage.
— Don Shimoda (@zDonShimoda) September 17, 2013