Blog Copyright & Use of Content
- Copyright is Reserved. Copyright on all blog posts is reserved, and no information may be displayed, copied, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or used in derivative works without the expression permission of the Publisher, except as permitted by law.
- Only Personal Use is Permitted.You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, display or make available to the public, or otherwise use Biotech Strategy Blog content in any way except for your own personal, non-public, non-commercial use. You also agree not to alter or create a derivative work from any Biotech Strategy Blog content except for your own personal, non-public, non-commercial use.
- No Use of Images. You agree not to download, display or use images that are published or hosted on Biotech Strategy Blog. You agree not to link directly to any image hosted on the server of this site e.g. by using html based links, commonly known as “inline links”, to cause an image hosted by Biotech Strategy Blog to be displayed on another web site.
- No Framing is Permitted. You agree not to frame Biotech Strategy Blog within another web site or provide links to framed content. Displaying Biotech Strategy Blog on any other web site in a way that “frames” or surrounds a page with third-party content, materials or branding is expressly prohibited without an agreement in writing. This no-framing policy will be enforced to the fullest extent provided by copyright, trademark and contract law.
- No liability for Errors or Omissions. You agree that the Biotech Strategy Blog, the author of any blog posts and the blog Publisher, Icarus Consultants LLC will not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of use of any content posted on this site.
- DMCA Copyright Complaints. The Biotech Strategy Blog respects the intellectual property of others and requires that our users do the same. In the event that you believe that your work has been copied or your intellectual property rights have been infringed, you should send the notice required by the DMCA to the designated DMCA agent: Pieter Droppert via email: pieter AT biotechstrategyblog DOT com.
- Payment is required for Premium Content. Biotech Strategy Blog has implemented a paywall that restricts some content (“Premium Content”) to those who have paid a fee for access. Payment will only be accepted via the payment options indicated. Rates for access to premium content may change without notice. Only monthly subscriptions auto-renew i.e. subscribers will be charged each month at the rate they subscribed, until they cancel. You can login to your Tinypass account and cancel at anytime. Your subscription will then expire at the end of the month you purchased. We no longer offer a monthly subscription option, but existing monthly subscribers will continue to be billed at the rate they purchased until they cancel. Other subscriptions for fixed periods of 3 months, 6 months, 12 months etc do not automatically renew and will terminate at the end of the fixed period of time purchased, at which time subscribers who wish to renew will have to do so at the prevailing rate. Subscribers are responsible for managing their plan and in the case of monthly subscriptions for cancelling in advance of any auto-renewal. Premium content fees are non-refundable once payment has been made. No refund will be provided for the unexpired portion of any subscription that is cancelled or for any time remaining on a subscription in the event we cease to operate a paywall.
- You are Responsible for Paying any Sales & Use Tax. No sales tax is collected when Premium Content is purchased. All payments made to Biotech Strategy Blog, its Publisher and their agents are net of any applicable sales or use tax. Irrespective of how payment is made or processed, the purchaser of Premium Content will be solely responsible for determining the amount of any sales or use tax that may be due on their purchase(s), and for making payment, including any related penalties or interest to the relevant tax authority. In the event that you do not make payment of any required sales or use tax, you agree to indemnify the Biotech Strategy Blog, its Publisher and agents for the payment of any sales and use taxes, penalties, interest, attorney fees or expenses that may be incurred in the collection or payment.
- Only an Individual License to Premium Content. Signing-up for access to Premium Content only grants an individual license to the person who provides payment. If you are a company where multiple people may wish to have access to Premium Content, each individual should purchase their own access at the prevailing rate. If you would like to discuss the pricing and availability of a multi-user or corporate license, please contact us. Individuals who share access to Premium Content with others or who share copies of Premium Content with non-subscribers may have their access terminated without notice or refund.
- Comments are Welcome. Short, blog comments that provide additional insight or commentary on a topic that may be of value or interest to other readers is welcome.
- License to use comments. By making any comment or post on this blog, you agree to automatically grant the Biotech Strategy Blog and the Publisher of the Blog, with a world-wide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to your Content in connection with the operation of the blog and associated services. This includes, without limitation, the rights to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and transmit and reformat your Content and/or to incorporate it into a collective or derivative work.
- Right to provide Information. By submitting a comment on this blog for publication you represent and warrant that you own the content or possess all necessary rights required to upload, input or submit the content.
- No Impersonation. In making a submission to this blog, you also agree to not impersonate any other person or otherwise be misleading about your identity.
- No Illegal Comments or Infringement of others rights. You further agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide misleading or false information, or that any content you submit will infringe the intellectual property rights of others or be illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening or otherwise injurious or objectionable. In the event that any comments posted on this blog violate these terms and conditions, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Biotech Strategy Blog, its agents and Representatives, and Publisher from any legal claims that may result. Complaints about comments should be reported to Pieter Droppert via email: pieter AT biotechstrategyblog DOT com.
- Comments may be refused or deleted. The Biotech Strategy Blog may moderate the comments submitted and reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse to post a comment, delete any content after it has been published or to terminate or restrict a user’s access to the blog.
Disclaimer of Warranty & Limitation of Liability
- No Warranties. You expressly agree that you use this site at your own risk. This site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Biotech Strategy Blog makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the site’s operation or the information, content or materials included on this site. Users are responsible for their own compliance management and due diligence, and should not rely on the accuracy of any information posted. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, the Biotech Strategy Blog and its Publisher, Icarus Consultants LLC, hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. Biotech Strategy Blog and Icarus Consultants LLC will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of or inability to use this site or the accuracy of any information posted.
Blog does not provide Investment Advice, Investment Research or Equity Analysis
- No Investment Advice or Investment Research. Biotech Strategy Blog does not provide investment advice, stock tips and no post is a solicitation to invest. The publisher of the blog Icarus Consultants LLC is not an investment business and no posts on this blog provide equity analysis or investment research. Any opinions expressed are for general information only and should not be relied upon for accuracy, completeness or lack of bias. Authors of posts on this blog may be employees, prior-employees or consultants of companies mentioned and may hold undisclosed shares or options. Readers should consult a licensed, qualified, professional if they require investment advice, equity analysis or investment research.
Governing Law & Venue for Disputes
- Laws of State of Florida apply & venue is only in Florida State Courts in Miami-Dade County. In the unlikely event of a dispute that cannot be amicably resolved, the only venue for any legal action arising from the use of Biotech Strategy Blog or this Agreement shall be the State of Florida circuit and county courts located in Miami-Dade County, Florida. The laws of the State of Florida, without reference to its conflicts of laws principles, govern the use of Biotech Strategy Blog and this Agreement.
If you are a PR agency or communications professional please note that your sign-up to Premium Content does not permit you to share copies of posts with clients or within your company. While we are happy for you to monitor media coverage of a company or a conference, if your client wants a copy of an article they should sign-up for a subscription to premium content themselves.
Similarly if you are covering a medical conference on behalf of several clients, we expect that a different account executive will sign up on behalf of each client who wants coverage. We really appreciate the integrity of agencies that already do this as a matter of routine. If you would like to discuss purchasing multi-user access please contact us.
For existing monthly subscribers, you are more than welcome to contact Tinypass before your next billing date if you need any help to cancel your monthly subscription or we can cancel your subscription for you if you contact us.
Date of Last Update: May 5, 2014