Blog Copyright & Use of Content
- Copyright is Reserved. Copyright on all blog posts is reserved, and no information may be displayed, copied, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or used in derivative works without the expression permission of the Publisher, except as permitted by law. Unless a license to share content is purchased, you are not permitted to share a copy of any post.
- Only Personal Use is Permitted.You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, display or make available to the public, or otherwise use Biotech Strategy Blog content in any way except for your own personal, non-public, non-commercial use. You also agree not to alter or create a derivative work from any Biotech Strategy Blog content except for your own personal, non-public, non-commercial use. The restriction on commercial use does not apply to corporate licenses. All other restrictions outlined above do still apply with a corporate license: no content can be reproduced, copied, distributed, shared or any derivative work created, unless a license to do so has been obtained. A corporate license does not automatically include any of these rights; payment of an additional fee is required.
- No Use of Images. You agree not to download, display or use images that are published or hosted on Biotech Strategy Blog. You agree not to link directly to any image hosted on the server of this site e.g. by using html based links, commonly known as “inline links”, to cause an image hosted by Biotech Strategy Blog to be displayed on another web site.
- No Internet Search Competition. You agree not to link to Biotech Strategy Blog or any of its content, irrespective of how the link is generated, in a way that may divert web traffic (whether intentional or not), and are not permitted to use the blog name, title of any posts or any content in a way that may lead any internet search services such as google to generate a link to another web site when this content or the blog is searched for.
- No Framing is Permitted. You agree not to frame Biotech Strategy Blog within another web site or provide links to framed content. Displaying Biotech Strategy Blog on any other web site in a way that “frames” or surrounds a page with third-party content, materials or branding is expressly prohibited without an agreement in writing. This no-framing policy will be enforced to the fullest extent provided by copyright, trademark and contract law.
- No liability for Errors or Omissions. You agree that the Biotech Strategy Blog, the author of any blog posts, the current blog Publisher and prior blog Publisher(s) will not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of use of any content posted on this site.
- DMCA Copyright Complaints. The Biotech Strategy Blog respects the intellectual property of others and requires that our users do the same. In the event that you believe that your work has been copied or your intellectual property rights have been infringed, you should send the notice required by the DMCA to the designated DMCA agent: Pieter Droppert via email: pieter AT biotechstrategyblog DOT com.
- Payment is required for Premium Content. Biotech Strategy Blog has implemented a paywall that restricts some content (“Premium Content”) to those who have paid a fee for access. Payment will only be accepted via the payment options indicated. Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s Publisher, Blue Ice Publishing LLC does not have access to any financial information (such as credit card details) and processes all payments through PCI compliant third party payment processors acting as agents. By paying through a third party you give consent for them to hold personal and financial information necessary to process payment and/or manage your subscription access. We do store information such as name, username, email and purchase history in order to manage your account. By subscribing to BSB Premium Content you give your consent for this information to be stored and used for account management. Rates for access to premium content may change without notice. Subscriptions are for fixed periods of time e.g. 3 months, 12 months etc and do not automatically renew and will terminate at the end of the fixed period of time purchased, at which time subscribers who wish to renew will have to do so at the prevailing rate. Not all Premium Content may be available to all subscribers, we may limit access to certain categories of posts such as expert interviews, immuno-oncology posts, conference coverage or any of our back library of Premium Content depending on the level of access purchased. Premium content subscription fees are non-refundable once payment has been made. No refund will be provided in the event that the level of access purchased does not meet your needs, instead we may, at our sole discretion, offer the right to upgrade to a higher level of access for an additional fee. No refund will be provided for the unexpired portion of any subscription that is cancelled or for any period when the subscription is not used or for any time remaining on a subscription in the event we cease to operate a paywall or go out of business. Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s Publisher, Blue Ice Publishing LLC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse to accept a new subscriber or to decline the renewal of a subscription, in which case any payment made will be refunded.
- You are Responsible for Paying any Sales & Use Tax or VAT. We do not collect any sales or use tax on behalf of any jurisdiction when Premium Content is purchased. No sales or use tax is collected for any United States state or value added tax (VAT) for any European Country. All payments made to Biotech Strategy Blog, its Publisher, Blue Ice Publishing LLC and their agents are net of any applicable sales, use or value added tax. Irrespective of how payment is made or processed or the laws, rules and regulations that apply where you live or use our content, the purchaser of Premium Content will be solely responsible for determining the amount of any sales, use or value added tax (VAT) that may be due on their purchase(s), and for reporting any tax liability and making payment, including any related penalties or interest to the relevant tax authority. In the event that you do not make payment of any required sales or use tax, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Biotech Strategy Blog, its Agents, Former Agents, Representatives, Publisher and former Publisher(s) for the payment of any sales, use, VAT, taxes, penalties, interest, attorney fees or expenses that may be incurred in the reporting, collection or payment.
- Only an Individual License to Premium Content. Signing-up for access to Premium Content only grants an individual non-transferable license to the person who provides payment. If you are a company where multiple people may wish to have access to Premium Content, each individual should purchase their own access at the prevailing rate. If you would like to discuss the pricing and availability of a multi-user or corporate license, please contact us. Individuals who share access to Premium Content with others or who share copies of Premium Content with non-subscribers without a valid license to do so may have their access terminated without notice or refund, and may have their renewal declined and/or have their company banned from purchasing future access.
- License to Share. We may offer individual subscribers, at our discretion, a license to share a number of posts within a company. The rate for this is negotiable and depends on the size of the company, number of posts and frequency of sharing. No sharing is permitted without a current license to do so and the payment of the appropriate fee.
- Permission to Reprint or Post on the Web. We may offer individual subscribers, at our discretion, permission to reprint a post or make all or part of it available on a company website. The rate for this is negotiable and depends on the amount of content to be shared, it’s distribution and in case of web posting the length of time it will be made available. In all cases copyright is retained by Biotech Strategy Blog, and full attribution and a link to the original article is required.
Blog Comments & Identity
- Comments are Welcome. Short, blog comments that provide additional insight or commentary on a topic that may be of value or interest to other readers may be welcome depending if we have enabled comments on a post.
- License to use comments. By making any comment or post on this blog, you agree to automatically grant the Biotech Strategy Blog, the Publisher of the Blog and their successors with a world-wide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to your Content in connection with the operation of the blog and associated services. This includes, without limitation, the rights to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and transmit and reformat your Content and/or to incorporate it into a collective or derivative work.
- Right to provide Information. By submitting a comment on this blog for publication you represent and warrant that you own the content or possess all necessary rights required to upload, input or submit the content.
- No Impersonation or Fake Identity. In making a submission to this blog or in seeking to purchase access to Premium Content, you agree not to impersonate any other person or otherwise be misleading about your identity. We expect all purchasers of access to Premium Content to provide their real name at time of purchase, and upon request to verify their identity, employer and/or affiliation and answer any questions we may have about their intended use of BSB Premium Content.
- No Illegal Comments or Infringement of others rights. You further agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide misleading or false information, or that any content you submit will infringe the intellectual property rights of others or be illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening or otherwise injurious or objectionable. In the event that any comments posted on this blog violate these terms and conditions, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Biotech Strategy Blog, its agents, representatives, Publisher and former Publisher(s) from any legal claims that may result. Complaints about comments should be reported to Pieter Droppert via email: pieter AT biotechstrategyblog DOT com.
- Comments may be refused or deleted. The Biotech Strategy Blog may moderate the comments submitted and reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse to post a comment, delete any content after it has been published or to terminate or restrict a user’s access to the blog.
Disclaimer of Warranty & Limitation of Liability
- No Warranties. You expressly agree that you use this site at your own risk. This site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Biotech Strategy Blog makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the site’s operation or the information, content or materials included on this site. Users are responsible for their own compliance management and due diligence, and should not rely on the accuracy of any information posted. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Biotech Strategy Blog, its Publisher, and former Publisher(s) hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s current and former Publisher(s) will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of or inability to use this site or the accuracy of any information posted.
Blog does not provide Investment Advice, Investment Research or Equity Analysis
- No Investment Advice or Investment Research. Biotech Strategy Blog does not provide investment advice, stock tips and no post is a solicitation to invest. No posts on this blog provide equity analysis or investment research. The Publisher is not an investment business and offers no investment related services. Any opinions expressed are for general information only and should not be relied upon for accuracy, completeness or lack of bias. Authors of posts on this blog may be employees, prior-employees or consultants of companies mentioned and may hold undisclosed shares or options. Readers should consult a licensed, qualified, professional if they require investment advice, equity analysis or investment research.
No Vendor Relationship from Individual Purchases
- Purchasing an individual license, even if you use a corporate credit card or pay for it from a company bank account does not create a vendor or service provider relationship with Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s Publisher. All purchases are considered personal by the named individual purchaser, irrespective of how paid, unless a corporate, multi-user or other license is specifically purchased or there is a written agreement. Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s Publisher reserve the right to deny access or decline subscriptions from individuals who seek to create a corporate, vendor or services relationship based on the purchase of an individual license or those who purchase as individuals but are doing so on behalf of a company.
Governing Law & Venue for Disputes
- Laws of State of Florida apply & venue is only in Florida State Courts in Miami-Dade County. In the unlikely event of a dispute that cannot be amicably resolved, the only venue for any legal action arising from the use of Biotech Strategy Blog or this Agreement shall be the State of Florida circuit and county courts located in Miami-Dade County, Florida. The laws of the State of Florida, without reference to its conflicts of laws principles, govern the use of Biotech Strategy Blog and this Agreement.
We no longer allow Consultants, Media (including Journalists & Writers), PR, Communications and Agency professionals the right to purchase an individual subscription through the BSB website, unless with prior approval. In most cases a corporate license is required.
For those consultants, media, PR, agency or communications professionals that we have allowed to subscribe as individuals, please note that your subscription to Premium Content does not permit you to share copies of posts with clients or within your company or organisation unless you have purchased a separate license to do so.
Date of Last Update: August 6, 2017