Blog Copyright & Use of Content
- Copyright is Reserved. Copyright on all blog posts is reserved, and no information may be displayed, copied, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or used in derivative works without the expression permission of the Publisher, except as permitted by law. Unless a license to share content is purchased, you are not permitted to share a copy of any post by any means. This includes sending a PDF by email to colleagues, printing out a post and sharing with others, or uploading content to a shared server or portal. Please do not put is in the uncomfortable of having to contact you, or your company legal counsel about unauthorized sharing which is an infringement of our copyright.
- No Copying, Sharing or Distributing of any Post is Permitted. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, display or make content available to the public or within any company or organization, this including hosting or sharing content on a private server or shared drive, or otherwise use Biotech Strategy Blog content in any way that infringes on our copyright. You also agree not to alter or create a derivative work from any Biotech Strategy Blog content.
- Please note even if you buy a professional license (Titanium, Platinum, Iridium, Rhodium etc) no content can be reproduced, copied, distributed, shared or any derivative work created with those who are not designated users (i.e. non-subscribers or those who have their own login ID as a designated user), unless a license to share content has been obtained. This includes copies of any post that may relate to the designated user’s company or organization. There is no automatic right to share content with the purchase of any license; payment of an additional fee is required or access must be purchased for additional users. Any pattern of BSB usage which is not typical of other users or raises concerns or red flags as to how or where our content is being used, whether such concerns are justified or not, may at our sole discretion lead to suspension of access without notice, termination of access without refund or a denial of any renewal. We do look carefully at BSB usage by those who only purchase a single user license and reserve the right to prospectively or retrospectively require the purchase of a multi-user license which covers all those in a team, group or company who may directly or indirectly be exposed to BSB content. We may also as a condition of access to BSB and at our sole discretion require someone in a leadership position to purchase a multi-user license that covers their group, team, reports, colleagues or company.
- All those employed by for-profit organizations, including those working in the pharma, biotech, finance and related industries are required to purchase a titanium, platinum, iridium or rhodium license if they wish to read BSB. We do offer multi-user licenses (and the more users, the greater the discount offered). We do reserve the right to modify/adjust retrospectively, without refund, the terms of any license made at the discounted “Gold” academic/non-profit rate where in our sole discretion we think a titanium level level or equivalent license is required. If someone purchases at the gold “academic/non-profit” rate, they have the burden to show that they are eligible and qualify for this rate. Prior purchases of a gold level license that was formerly a personal/individual rate, including any renewal at this rate, does not automatically grant the right to purchase again at this discounted rate or that we have waived any right to make a retroactive modification of access terms in the event we deem a titanium level license or corporate license is required or more appropriate based on the company or organization you work for. If any doubt as to what level of license is appropriate or for a quote for a license that would best your needs, please contact us.
- No Use of Images. You agree not to download, display or use images that are published or hosted on Biotech Strategy Blog. You agree not to link directly to any image hosted on the server of this site e.g. by using html based links, commonly known as “inline links”, to cause an image hosted by Biotech Strategy Blog to be displayed on another web site.
- No Internet Search Competition. You agree not to link to Biotech Strategy Blog or any of its content, irrespective of how the link is generated, in a way that may divert web traffic (whether intentional or not), and are not permitted to use the blog name, title of any posts or any content in a way that may lead any internet search services such as google to generate a link to another web site when this content or the blog is searched for.
- No Framing is Permitted. You agree not to frame Biotech Strategy Blog within another web site or provide links to framed content. Displaying Biotech Strategy Blog on any other web site in a way that “frames” or surrounds a page with third-party content, materials or branding is expressly prohibited without an agreement in writing. This no-framing policy will be enforced to the fullest extent provided by copyright, trademark and contract law.
- No liability for Errors or Omissions. You agree that the Biotech Strategy Blog, the author of any blog posts, the current blog Publisher and prior blog Publisher(s) will not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of use of any content posted on this site.
- DMCA Copyright Complaints. The Biotech Strategy Blog respects the intellectual property of others and requires that our users do the same. In the event that you believe that your work has been copied or your intellectual property rights have been infringed, you should send the notice required by the DMCA to the designated DMCA agent: Pieter Droppert via email: pieter AT biotechstrategyblog DOT com.
Premium Content & Payments
- Payment is required for Premium Content. Biotech Strategy Blog has implemented a paywall that restricts some content (“Premium Content”) to those who have paid a fee for access. Payment will only be accepted via the payment options indicated.Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s Publisher, Blue Ice Publishing LLC does not have access to any financial information (such as credit card details) and processes all payments through PCI compliant third party payment processors acting as agents. Currently we use Stripe to process credit card payments made through the website or where we manually generate a custom invoice.At our discretion we may accept payment for multi-user corporate licenses direct to our US company bank account. We reserve the right to require payment of bank transfer fees, payment processing or credit card transaction fees associated with any invoice. Any costs will be advised prior to purchase at the time of invoice generation.
- Rates for access to premium content may change without notice. Licenses are for fixed periods of time e.g. 12 months etc and do not automatically renew and will terminate at the end of the fixed period of time purchased, at which time subscribers who wish to renew will have to do so at the prevailing rate.
- Not all Premium Content may be available to all designated users. We may limit access to certain categories of posts such as expert interviews, immuno-oncology posts, conference coverage or any of our back library of Premium Content depending on the level of access purchased.
- Premium content license fees are non-refundable once payment has been made. No refund will be provided in the event that the content does not meet your needs or you do not for any reason use it or access BSB for a period of time.
- We may, at our sole discretion, refund any purchase made if we decline access, the wrong level of license is purchased or our permission has not be sought prior to purchase as is required if you work in consulting, media, service companies, communications/PR or medical education. In the event any refund is made, any non-refundable fees that we incur including those levied by banks or credit card payment processors will be deducted from any refund. As an example, for credit card payments processed by Stripe the non-refundable Stripe fee that would not be refunded would be 2.9% + $0.30 for US credit card purchases and $4.5%+$0.30 for non-US credit cards.
- We may offer the right to upgrade to a higher level of access for an additional fee e.g. if you purchase a silver trial level license for a quarter and wish to upgrade to an annual license that provides access to our back library of content. In no event will any refund be made if a gold level license is purchased when in our sole discretion we consider a titanium level license to be appropriate and the the offer to upgrade to this is declined.
- No refund will be provided for the unexpired portion of any license that is cancelled or for any period when the license is not used or for any time remaining on a subscription or license or paid for access in the event we cease to operate a paywall, cease publication or go out of business.
- Biotech Strategy Blog and its Publisher, Blue Ice Publishing LLC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse to accept any new subscriber or licensee or to decline the renewal of any subscription or license. We may also require the purchase of access for a minimum number of designated users or access by all potential readers in a team, group or company.
- You are Responsible for Paying any Sales, Use Tax or VAT. We do not collect any sales, use or value added tax on behalf of any jurisdiction when Premium Content is purchased.No sales or use tax is collected for any state in the United States. We are not registered for and don’t collect value added tax (VAT) for any European Country and consequently are unable to issue a VAT Invoice.
- All payments made to Biotech Strategy Blog, its Publisher, Blue Ice Publishing LLC and their agents, and former agents are net of any applicable sales, use or value added tax.
- Irrespective of how payment is made or processed or the laws, rules and regulations that apply where you live or use our content, the purchaser of Premium Content will be solely responsible for determining the amount of any sales, use or value added tax (VAT) that may be due on their purchase(s), and for reporting any tax liability and making payment, including any related penalties or interest to the relevant tax authority.
- In the event that you do not make payment of any required sales or use tax, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Biotech Strategy Blog, its Agents, Former Agents, Representatives, Publisher and former Publisher(s) for the payment of any sales, use, VAT, taxes, penalties, interest, attorney fees or expenses that may be incurred in the reporting, collection or payment.
- Bank Account Payments. A US company or organisation can pay for a corporate multi-user license by electronic payment (ACH or wire transfer) to our US company bank account. We do not accept checks for any purchase. Upon request, for multi-user license purchases we can supply an invoice with our company banking information, ABA routing number and bank information. Individuals users are required to purchase through the website and can download a receipt for this from within the BSB dashboard once logged in.
- We reserve the right to charge the cost for any incoming wire transfer fee that our bank may levy, but typically ACH payments incur no additional fees. Payments from international based companies or organisations must be made in US dollars via a US bank, and any en-route banking charges or international wire fees are the responsibility of the paying party. Care should be taken to ensure that the amount transferred will cover the amount invoiced along with any en-route banking fees or charges that may be deducted before payment reaches our bank. We reserve the right to charge for any bank fees we may incur upon receipt of the international transfer.
- All bank payments must be made from the company or organisation in whose name the corporate license is held. Without prior express permission, we will not accept payments from third parties on behalf of another or from a different entity to the one holding the corporate license, with the exception of an affiliate or subsidiary of a multi-national company.
- Credit Card Payments & Chargeback Policy. Payment is made to the publisher, Blue Ice Publishing LLC and not Biotech Strategy Blog, it may be noted on your credit card statement as “Blue Ice” or “Blue Ice Publishing.” In the event that you do not recognise any credit charge from us or wish to query the amount, we expect purchasers to contact us first. One subscriber thought they had bought a yearly subscription, but in fact had only purchased a quarter. A simple exchange of emails and copy of the purchase receipt resolved this. If you put any purchase into dispute with your credit card company without contacting us first, this causes us considerable inconvenience and our relationship will suffer as a result. The forcible removal or placing on hold of funds, known as a chargeback, can take months to resolve, even if the dispute is promptly withdrawn and the error or mistake readily acknowledged by the purchaser. Any company or person that initiates a chargeback without contacting us first may not be permitted to renew their subscription or purchase again. We reserve the right to charge any fees and costs we incur associated with the resolution of this. We may also suspend access to BSB premium content pending release of funds and/or repayment of the subscription payment by the purchaser’s credit card company. If for whatever reason the chargeback is not resolved in our favour or repayment is not forthcoming, we will terminate access to BSB premium content. Placing any purchase from us into dispute with your credit company should only be considered as a last resort, we expect to be able to amicably resolve any question or concern with subscribers by phone or email. Please contact us first.
- Only an Individual, Single Designated User License to Premium Content. Purchasing access to BSB Premium Content only grants access to one named designated user. If you are a company or organization where multiple people may wish to have access to BSB Premium Content, a corporate multi-user license will be required and each person who requires access will need to be named and granted a login ID unique to them. If you would like to discuss the pricing and availability of a multi-user or corporate/organization license, please contact us.
- Anyone who shares access to BSB Premium Content with others or who share copies of Premium Content with non-subscribers without a valid license to do so may have their access terminated without notice or refund, and may have their renewal declined and/or have their company banned from purchasing future access. We do monitor access BSB usage and activity. Please don’t put us in the uncomfortable position of writing to you about this or terminating your access, we do expect the professionals who read our content to be ethical and respect our business model.
- Renewal Terms. We reserve the right to modify the renewal terms for any user and reserve the right to decline the renewal of any license at our sole discretion. Prior purchase of a gold level license does not mean you automatically qualify for the same plan at time of renewal. If you are employed in industry, pharma/biotech, finance etc or work for a “for-profit” company, we now require you to purchase a titanium level or for you company to purchase a corporate multi-user license that allows business related-use, this applies even if you previously purchased at the gold rate, which was formerly a level for personal and individual use, but is now only available to individuals working in academia and non-profit organizations. At time of renewal you need to purchase the level of license that is appropriate to your current situation and employment.
- License to Share. We may offer users, at our discretion, a license to share a number of posts within a company. The rate for this is negotiable and depends on the size of the company, number of posts and frequency of sharing. No sharing is permitted without a current license to do so and the payment of the appropriate fee. All sharing licenses are subject to audit and typically require monitoring and tracking to ensure compliance with the terms of the license.
- Permission to Share a Copy or Post on the Web. We may offer, at our discretion, permission to share a post or make all or part of it available on a company website or the right for those who are not designated users to purchase one-off access. The rate for this is negotiable and depends on the amount of content to be shared, its distribution and in case of web posting the length of time it will be made available. In all cases copyright is retained by the Publisher of Biotech Strategy Blog, and in the cases of any web posting, full attribution and a link to the original article is required. No content can shared, distributed or posted on any site without our express permission in writing and the purchase of a license to do this.
- Consent to Hold Limited Personal Information. By making paying either through a third party payment processor such as Stripe or Paypal or direct to our company bank account, you give consent to hold personal and financial information necessary to process payment and/or manage your subscription access. You should consult the Stripe and Paypal privacy policies if you have any questions about how they store and use information and contact them if wish to have this information removed after purchase.
- The Publisher of BSB does collect and store limited personal information such as name, email and purchase history in order to manage your account.
- By purchasing access to BSB Premium Content, whether done individually or on your behalf by a company purchasing a corporate license, you give your consent for this limited personal information to be stored and used for account management. Upon expiration of your term of use, unless promptly renewed, we will remove user login information from BSB, but we will retain a record off-line for accounting and business management purposes.
- We also use an email list managed by AWeber to communicate with current users and others who have signed up to receive emails about new posts and information that may be of interest. The data stored by AWeber includes name and email address. They also collect data on whether an email is read and which links are clicked. We may use analytical tools within AWeber to generate reports on email campaigns. You can unsubscribe from this email list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or we can delete you personally if you contact us.
- Analytical information on how visitors or users access and reach our site, including location, IP address, referral method and/or search terms used, together with site usage data such as what pages or posts a user views may also be collected and stored. This data may be used by us for security and auditing purposes and by third party applications to inform us about our readership, traffic and site usage.
- If you live or work in the European Union (EU) and have any questions about the personal information we collect, how we use it, or wish to know what data we have collected for you and/or request that it be removed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please contact Pieter Droppert who is the designated privacy officer via email: pieter AT biotechstrategyblog DOT com. For users in California who may be governed by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), please note we do not sell any personal information. Please contact us if you have any questions about the data and personal information we collect.
Blog Comments & Identity
- Comments are Welcome. Short, blog comments that provide additional insight or commentary on a topic that may be of value or interest to other readers may be welcome depending if we have enabled comments on a post. Historically we offered this option, but in recent years the software required to facilitate comments has created a security risk such that we have disabled this option. We may or may not enable comments in the future, but in the event we offer this option, they are generally welcome.
- License to use comments. By making any comment or post on this blog, you agree to automatically grant the Biotech Strategy Blog, the Publisher of the Blog and their successors with a world-wide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to your Content in connection with the operation of the blog and associated services. This includes, without limitation, the rights to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and transmit and reformat your Content and/or to incorporate it into a collective or derivative work.
- Right to provide Information. By submitting a comment on this blog for publication you represent and warrant that you own the content or possess all necessary rights required to upload, input or submit the content.
- No Impersonation or Fake Identity. In making a submission to this blog or in seeking to purchase access to Premium Content, you agree not to impersonate any other person or otherwise be misleading about your identity. We expect all purchasers of access to Premium Content to provide their real name at time of purchase, and upon request to verify their identity, employer and/or affiliation and answer any questions we may have about their intended use of BSB Premium Content. Failure to comply in a timely manner or within 48 hours of any request may result in suspension of access to BSB Premium Content until such time as we are satisfied, in our sole determination, that we have received all the information we require. All purchasers of licenses for professional-related use or corporate licenses are expected to use a business related email address in the name of their company or organisation.
- No Illegal Comments or Infringement of others rights. You further agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide misleading or false information, or that any content you submit will infringe the intellectual property rights of others or be illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening or otherwise injurious or objectionable. In the event that any comments posted on this blog violate these terms and conditions, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Biotech Strategy Blog, its agents, representatives, Publisher and former Publisher(s) from any legal claims that may result. Complaints about comments should be reported to Pieter Droppert via email: pieter AT biotechstrategyblog DOT com.
- Comments may be refused or deleted. The Biotech Strategy Blog may moderate the comments submitted and reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse to post a comment, delete any content after it has been published or to terminate or restrict a user’s access to the blog.
Disclaimer of Warranty & Limitation of Liability
- No Warranties. You expressly agree that you use this site at your own risk. This site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Biotech Strategy Blog along with its Publisher, Representatives and Agents makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the site’s operation or the information, content or materials included on this site. Users are responsible for their own compliance management and due diligence, and should not rely on the accuracy of any information posted. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Biotech Strategy Blog, its Publisher, and former Publisher(s) hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. Biotech Strategy Blog and its current and former Publisher(s) will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of or inability to use this site or the accuracy of any information posted.
BSB does not provide Investment Advice, Investment Research or Equity Analysis
- No Investment Advice or Investment Research. Biotech Strategy Blog does not provide investment advice, stock tips and no post is a solicitation to invest. No posts on this blog provide equity analysis or investment research. The Publisher is not an investment business and offers no investment related services. Any opinions expressed or quotes from third parties are for general information only and should not be relied upon for accuracy, completeness or lack of bias. Authors of posts and those interviewed or quoted may be employees, prior-employees, consultants, advisers or clinical investigators of companies mentioned and may hold undisclosed shares or options or have conflicts of interests that may result in bias in their analysis or opinions. Readers should consult a licensed, qualified, professional if they require investment advice, equity analysis or investment research.
ISP & VPN Security
- Use of Internet Service Providers (ISPs) or Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) to access BSB that present a risk for fraudulent activity is not permitted and use of such service providers, even when being used legally may result in termination of BSB access without notice or refund. We do track and monitor the IP address that is used to access BSB in order to maintain the security of our website and detect and prevent fraudulent activity such as sharing of login IDs or sharing of content with others. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to block the access of any IP address to BSB. Purchasing access to BSB premium content does not provide any right that content can be accessed by a specific Virtual Private Network (VPN), Internet Service Provider (ISP) or from a particular IP address or company. Any IP address that is identified as an ISP or VPN that is at risk of fraudulent activity, or any network that anonymizes the identity of the user or doesn’t display their actual location, may be blocked without notice, even if the person using it to access BSB is doing so legitimately. Regular use of ISPs or VPNs that have a higher than normal risk of fraudulent activity or that provide anonymity or don’t show actual location may lead to the termination of access to BSB without refund and/or the denial of any future renewal.
No Vendor Relationship from Individual Purchases
- Purchasing a subscription or license to BSB, even if you use a corporate credit card or pay for it from a company bank account does not create a vendor or service provider relationship with Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s Publisher unless there is a written agreement otherwise. Biotech Strategy Blog and its Publisher reserve the right to deny access or decline subscriptions or licenses from individuals who seek to create a corporate, vendor or services relationship based on the purchase of an individual subscription or license.
Governing Law & Venue for Disputes
- Laws of State of Florida apply & venue is only in Florida State Courts in Miami-Dade County. In the unlikely event of a dispute that cannot be amicably resolved, the only venue for any legal action arising from the use of Biotech Strategy Blog or this Agreement, or any dispute with the Publisher shall be the State of Florida circuit and county courts located in Miami-Dade County, Florida. The laws of the State of Florida, without reference to its conflicts of laws principles, govern the use of Biotech Strategy Blog, any disputes with the Publisher and all matters related to and arising out of this Agreement.
We no longer allow Consultants (including those involved with clinical development and marketing strategy), and those working in Service Providers (including CROs), Medical Education, Media (including Journalists & Writers), PR and Communications the right to purchase a subscription through the BSB website, unless with prior approval, this also applies to any purchases made by an agency on behalf of a client.
Please contact us first to discuss how our content will be used so that we can determine the appropriate license that will required, and provide a custom quote.
Please note that unless a sharing license has been purchased, at an additional fee, no license to BSB Premium Content permits the sharing of any posts with clients or within any company or organisation.
If anyone who is not a subscriber wants a copy of an article they should sign-up for a subscription to premium content themselves or you should contact us for a quote as to the license fee payable to share content or purchase a single article.
Login information should not be shared with clients or within your company.
Date of Last Update: 22 November 2020