Blog Copyright & Use of Content
- Copyright is Reserved. Copyright on all blog posts is reserved, and no information may be displayed, copied, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or used in derivative works without the expression permission of the Publisher, except as permitted by law. Unless a license to share content is purchased, you are not permitted to share a copy of any post by any means.
- Only Personal Use is Permitted unless a Corporate License is Purchased. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, display or make available to the public, or otherwise use Biotech Strategy Blog content in any way except for your own personal, non-public, non-commercial use. You also agree not to alter or create a derivative work from any Biotech Strategy Blog content except for your own personal, non-public, non-commercial use. The restriction on commercial use does not apply to corporate licenses. All other restrictions outlined above do still apply with a corporate license: no content can be reproduced, copied, distributed, shared or any derivative work created, unless a license to do so has been obtained. A corporate license does not automatically include any of these rights; payment of an additional fee is required. If you plan to use our content within your business or for business purposes, then a corporate license will be required and you are not entitled to purchase as an individual through our website. It is presumed that if you are employed in the pharma, biotech, finance or consulting industries that your use is business related. We do offer corporate licenses for one designated user and reserve the right to modify/adjust retrospectively, without refund, the terms of any subscription made at the individual/personal rate where in our sole discretion we feel there is or may be the possibility of commercial or business usage, and a corporate license is required. Prior purchases as an individual or renewal of prior rates does not mean that you are entitled to purchase again at the individual, personal rate or that we have waived any right to make a retroactive modification of subscription terms in the event we deem a corporate license is required. If any doubt as to whether you require a corporate license, even if you are the only user, please contact us.
- No Use of Images. You agree not to download, display or use images that are published or hosted on Biotech Strategy Blog. You agree not to link directly to any image hosted on the server of this site e.g. by using html based links, commonly known as “inline links”, to cause an image hosted by Biotech Strategy Blog to be displayed on another web site.
- No Internet Search Competition. You agree not to link to Biotech Strategy Blog or any of its content, irrespective of how the link is generated, in a way that may divert web traffic (whether intentional or not), and are not permitted to use the blog name, title of any posts or any content in a way that may lead any internet search services such as google to generate a link to another web site when this content or the blog is searched for.
- No Framing is Permitted. You agree not to frame Biotech Strategy Blog within another web site or provide links to framed content. Displaying Biotech Strategy Blog on any other web site in a way that “frames” or surrounds a page with third-party content, materials or branding is expressly prohibited without an agreement in writing. This no-framing policy will be enforced to the fullest extent provided by copyright, trademark and contract law.
- No liability for Errors or Omissions. You agree that the Biotech Strategy Blog, the author of any blog posts, the current blog Publisher and prior blog Publisher(s) will not be liable, under any circumstances and in any way, for any errors or omissions, loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of use of any content posted on this site.
- DMCA Copyright Complaints. The Biotech Strategy Blog respects the intellectual property of others and requires that our users do the same. In the event that you believe that your work has been copied or your intellectual property rights have been infringed, you should send the notice required by the DMCA to the designated DMCA agent: Pieter Droppert via email: pieter AT biotechstrategyblog DOT com.
Premium Content & Payments
- Payment is required for Premium Content. Biotech Strategy Blog has implemented a paywall that restricts some content (“Premium Content”) to those who have paid a fee for access. Payment will only be accepted via the payment options indicated. Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s Publisher, Blue Ice Publishing LLC does not have access to any financial information (such as credit card details) and processes all payments through PCI compliant third party payment processors acting as agents. Currently we use Stripe to process credit card payments made through the website and Paypal for credit card payments where we manually generate a custom invoice. We also accept corporate license payments direct to our company bank account. We reserve the right to require payment of bank transfer fees, payment processing or credit card transaction fees associated with any invoice. Any costs will be advised prior to purchase at the time of invoice generation. Rates for access to premium content may change without notice. Subscriptions are for fixed periods of time e.g. 3 months, 12 months etc and do not automatically renew and will terminate at the end of the fixed period of time purchased, at which time subscribers who wish to renew will have to do so at the prevailing rate. Not all Premium Content may be available to all subscribers, we may limit access to certain categories of posts such as expert interviews, immuno-oncology posts, conference coverage or any of our back library of Premium Content depending on the level of access purchased. Premium content subscription fees are non-refundable once payment has been made. No refund will be provided in the event that the level of access purchased does not meet your needs, instead we may, at our sole discretion, offer the right to upgrade to a higher level of access for an additional fee. No refund will be provided for the unexpired portion of any subscription that is cancelled or for any period when the subscription is not used or for any time remaining on a subscription in the event we cease to operate a paywall or go out of business. Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s Publisher, Blue Ice Publishing LLC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse to accept a new subscriber or to decline the renewal of a subscription, in which case any payment made will be refunded if not content has been accessed.
- You are Responsible for Paying any Sales, Use Tax or VAT. We do not collect any sales, use or value added tax on behalf of any jurisdiction when Premium Content is purchased. No sales or use tax is collected for any United States state or value added tax (VAT) for any European Country. All payments made to Biotech Strategy Blog, its Publisher, Blue Ice Publishing LLC and their agents are net of any applicable sales, use or value added tax. Irrespective of how payment is made or processed or the laws, rules and regulations that apply where you live or use our content, the purchaser of Premium Content will be solely responsible for determining the amount of any sales, use or value added tax (VAT) that may be due on their purchase(s), and for reporting any tax liability and making payment, including any related penalties or interest to the relevant tax authority. In the event that you do not make payment of any required sales or use tax, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Biotech Strategy Blog, its Agents, Former Agents, Representatives, Publisher and former Publisher(s) for the payment of any sales, use, VAT, taxes, penalties, interest, attorney fees or expenses that may be incurred in the reporting, collection or payment.
- Credit Card Payments & Chargeback Policy. Payment is made to the publisher, Blue Ice Publishing LLC and not Biotech Strategy Blog, it may be noted on your credit card statement as “Blue Ice” or “Blue Ice Publishing.” In the event that you do not recognise any credit charge from us or wish to query the amount, we expect purchasers to contact us first. One subscriber thought they had bought a yearly subscription, but in fact had only purchased a quarter. A simple exchange of emails and copy of the purchase receipt resolved this. If you put any purchase into dispute with your credit card company without contacting us first, this causes us considerable inconvenience and our relationship will suffer as a result. The forcible removal or placing on hold of funds, known as a chargeback, can take months to resolve, even if the dispute is promptly withdrawn and the error or mistake readily acknowledged by the purchaser. Any company or person that initiates a chargeback without contacting us first may not be permitted to renew their subscription or purchase again. We reserve the right to charge any fees and costs we incur associated with the resolution of this. We may also suspend access to BSB premium content pending release of funds and/or repayment of the subscription payment by the purchaser’s credit card company. If for whatever reason the chargeback is not resolved in our favour or repayment is not forthcoming, we will terminate access to BSB premium content. Placing any purchase from us into dispute with your credit company should only be considered as a last resort, we expect to be able to amicably resolve any question or concern with subscribers by phone or email. Please contact us first.
- Only an Individual License to Premium Content. Signing-up for access to Premium Content only grants an individual license to one named designated user. Personal, individual subscriptions are non-transferrable. If you are a company where multiple people may wish to have access to Premium Content, a corporate license for each designated user will be required. If you would like to discuss the pricing and availability of a multi-user or corporate license, please contact us. Individuals who share access to Premium Content with others or who share copies of Premium Content with non-subscribers without a valid license to do so may have their access terminated without notice or refund, and may have their renewal declined and/or have their company banned from purchasing future access.
- Renewal Terms. We reserve the right to modify the renewal terms for any subscriber and reserve the right to decline the renewal of any subscription at our sole discretion. Prior purchase of a personal subscription does not mean you automatically qualify for the same plan at time of renewal. If you are employed by a Pharma/Biotech company, work in communications, financial services or consulting or use our content in your work or for business-related purposes, we may require you to upgrade to a corporate license at time of renewal even if you previously purchased a personal subscription.
- License to Share. We may offer individual subscribers, at our discretion, a license to share a number of posts within a company. The rate for this is negotiable and depends on the size of the company, number of posts and frequency of sharing. No sharing is permitted without a current license to do so and the payment of the appropriate fee.
- Permission to Share a Copy or Post on the Web. We may offer, at our discretion, permission to share a post or make all or part of it available on a company website or the right for non-subscribers to purchase one off access. The rate for this is negotiable and depends on the amount of content to be shared, it’s distribution and in case of web posting the length of time it will be made available. In all cases copyright is retained by Biotech Strategy Blog, and in the cases of any web posting, full attribution and a link to the original article is required. No content can shared, distributed or posted on any site without our express permission in writing and the purchase of a license to do this.
- Consent to Hold Limited Personal Information. By making paying either through a third party payment processor such as Stripe or Paypal or direct to our company bank account, you give consent to hold personal and financial information necessary to process payment and/or manage your subscription access. You should consult the Stripe and Paypal privacy policies if you have any questions about how they store and use information and contact them if wish to have this information removed after purchase.
- The Publisher of BSB does collect limited personal information such as name, email and purchase history in order to manage your account.
- By subscribing to BSB Premium Content, whether done individually or on your behalf by a company purchasing a corporate license, you give your consent for this limited personal information to be stored and used for account management. Upon expiration of your subscription, unless promptly renewed, we will remove user login information from BSB, but we will retain a record off-line for accounting and business management purposes.
- We also use an email list managed by AWeber to communicate with subscribers and others who have signed up to receive emails about new posts and information that may be of interest. The data stored by AWeber includes name and email address. They also collect data on whether an email is read and which links are clicked. We may use analytical tools within AWeber to generate reports on email campaigns. You can unsubscribe from this email list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or we can delete you personally if you contact us.
- Analytical information on how visitors or subscribers access and reach our site, including location, IP address, referral method and/or search terms used, together with site usage data such as what pages are viewed and for how long may also be collected and stored by third parties such as Google Analytics or Google webmaster tools. This information is not stored by us and does not identify any individuals by name. This data may also be aggregated and used by third party applications to inform us about our readership, traffic and how our site is used.
- If you live or work in the European Union (EU) and have any questions about the personal information we collect, how we use it, or wish to know what data we have collected for you and/or request that it be removed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please contact Pieter Droppert via email: pieter AT biotechstrategyblog DOT com.
Blog Comments & Identity
- Comments are Welcome. Short, blog comments that provide additional insight or commentary on a topic that may be of value or interest to other readers may be welcome depending if we have enabled comments on a post.
- License to use comments. By making any comment or post on this blog, you agree to automatically grant the Biotech Strategy Blog, the Publisher of the Blog and their successors with a world-wide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to your Content in connection with the operation of the blog and associated services. This includes, without limitation, the rights to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and transmit and reformat your Content and/or to incorporate it into a collective or derivative work.
- Right to provide Information. By submitting a comment on this blog for publication you represent and warrant that you own the content or possess all necessary rights required to upload, input or submit the content.
- No Impersonation or Fake Identity. In making a submission to this blog or in seeking to purchase access to Premium Content, you agree not to impersonate any other person or otherwise be misleading about your identity. We expect all purchasers of access to Premium Content to provide their real name at time of purchase, and upon request to verify their identity, employer and/or affiliation and answer any questions we may have about their intended use of BSB Premium Content. Failure to comply in a timely manner with any request may result in suspension of access to BSB Premium Content until such time as we are satisfied, in our sole determination, that we have received all the information we require. All purchasers of business/corporate licenses are expected to use a business related email address in the name of the company or organisation who will be paying for the license or from whom the cost will be expensed or reimbursed.
- No Illegal Comments or Infringement of others rights. You further agree that you will not knowingly and with intent to defraud provide misleading or false information, or that any content you submit will infringe the intellectual property rights of others or be illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening or otherwise injurious or objectionable. In the event that any comments posted on this blog violate these terms and conditions, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Biotech Strategy Blog, its agents, representatives, Publisher and former Publisher(s) from any legal claims that may result. Complaints about comments should be reported to Pieter Droppert via email: pieter AT biotechstrategyblog DOT com.
- Comments may be refused or deleted. The Biotech Strategy Blog may moderate the comments submitted and reserves the right at its sole discretion to refuse to post a comment, delete any content after it has been published or to terminate or restrict a user’s access to the blog.
Disclaimer of Warranty & Limitation of Liability
- No Warranties. You expressly agree that you use this site at your own risk. This site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. The Biotech Strategy Blog makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the site’s operation or the information, content or materials included on this site. Users are responsible for their own compliance management and due diligence, and should not rely on the accuracy of any information posted. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Biotech Strategy Blog, its Publisher, and former Publisher(s) hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s current and former Publisher(s) will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of or inability to use this site or the accuracy of any information posted.
BSB does not provide Investment Advice, Investment Research or Equity Analysis
- No Investment Advice or Investment Research. Biotech Strategy Blog does not provide investment advice, stock tips and no post is a solicitation to invest. No posts on this blog provide equity analysis or investment research. The Publisher is not an investment business and offers no investment related services. Any opinions expressed or quotes from third parties are for general information only and should not be relied upon for accuracy, completeness or lack of bias. Authors of posts and those interviewed or quoted may be employees, prior-employees, consultants, advisers or clinical investigators of companies mentioned and may hold undisclosed shares or options or have conflicts of interests that may result in bias in their analysis or opinions. Readers should consult a licensed, qualified, professional if they require investment advice, equity analysis or investment research.
No Vendor Relationship from Individual Purchases
- Purchasing an individual license, even if you use a corporate credit card or pay for it from a company bank account does not create a vendor or service provider relationship with Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s Publisher. All purchases are considered personal by the named individual purchaser, irrespective of how paid, unless there is a written agreement otherwise or a corporate license is purchased. Biotech Strategy Blog and it’s Publisher reserve the right to deny access or decline subscriptions from individuals who seek to create a corporate, vendor or services relationship based on the purchase of an individual license or those who purchase a personal subscription when a corporate license is required.
Governing Law & Venue for Disputes
- Laws of State of Florida apply & venue is only in Florida State Courts in Miami-Dade County. In the unlikely event of a dispute that cannot be amicably resolved, the only venue for any legal action arising from the use of Biotech Strategy Blog or this Agreement, or any dispute with the Publisher shall be the State of Florida circuit and county courts located in Miami-Dade County, Florida. The laws of the State of Florida, without reference to its conflicts of laws principles, govern the use of Biotech Strategy Blog, any disputes with the Publisher and all matters related to and arising out of this Agreement.
We no longer allow Consultants, Media (including Journalists & Writers), PR and Communications Agency professionals the right to purchase a subscription through the BSB website, unless with prior approval. Please contact us first to discuss how our content will be used so that we can determine the appropriate license that will required, and provide a custom quote.
Please note that unless a sharing license has been purchased, at an additional fee, no subscription to BSB Premium Content permits the sharing of any posts with clients or within any company or organisation.
If anyone who is not a subscriber wants a copy of an article they should sign-up for a subscription to premium content themselves or you should contact us for a quote as to the license fee payable to share content or purchase a single article.
Login information should not be shared with clients or within your company.
Date of Last Update: May 25, 2018